Pupil Premium is additional funding that is available to schools to raise the attainment of children from low income families and close the gap between their attainment and that of their peers. At Fairholme we believe pupil premium funding should allow children to access a wide and fulfilling curriculum which will help to develop the whole child emotionally, physically and intellectually, as well as supporting individual children with their learning needs.
Below is a breakdown of the Pupil Premium Spending for the current academic year.
Have you registered for Pupil Premium funding?
- Check if you qualify
You can register your child if you are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based Job-seeker’s Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration And Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of the State Pension Creedit
- Child Tax Credit and annual income of less than £16,190, but not in receipt of Working Tax Credit
- Complete the Application Form for Free School Meals – apply online here. Our staff are happy to help families to complete this application form - please just ask.
- If you would like your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime, that’s great – they will get the free meal, saving you more than £350 per year.
- If you do not want your child to have the free meal, that’s fine; they can continue with packed lunch as normal.
No one will know that you have registered as the school keeps this information confidential, and it will not affect any other benefits that you are claiming.